This video is a tour of the grounds surrounding the villa I lived in for two weeks outside of Florence, Italy in 2011. You may have already seen this if you read Part 1 of my Eurotrip journal, though the video is now much smoother thanks to youtube’s smoothing software (with the minor side effect of wacky looking text at the beginning).
The villa was over 100 years old and full of character. The view of the Tuscan countryside from the gazebo was sublime: the hills, the olive groves, the other villas; very peaceful. And on the other end of the grounds I could see Florence in the valley below—an amazing view at night. It’s not difficult to understand why someone would decide to drop everything and move to Tuscany; it’s such an easy place to fall in love with.
- Eurotrip 2011: My Journal, Part 1
- Eurotrip 2011, Part 2: Under The Tuscan Sun
- Eurotrip 2011, Part 3: When in Rome
- Eurotrip 2011, Part 4: Ah, Venice
- Eurotrip 2011, Part 5: Dodging a Bullet in Cinque Terre
- Eurotrip 2011, Part 6: Leaning Towers and Haunted Villas
- Eurotrip 2011: The Video